Monday, June 13, 2011

Whoever Said You Can't Choose Your Family, Don't Know the Family I Chose!

What defines "family"?  For me, family has mostly been people with whom I had no blood ties at all.  My son just lost his "Uncle" last Saturday & I lost a "Brother".  Not only that, we lost a "protector".  Gerald "Largo" Coleman was more than just a best friend to my son's Dad.  Long after my son's father and I parted, Largo ALWAYS looked out for my son and for me.  No matter the situation or the "side of town", I knew if something went down and he had to come to help, the problem was going to be dealt with.

I respected and loved him even more when my son's father "went away".  He took on the responsibility of making sure that my son and I could still know that we were safe and that no one was going to fuck with us!  That meant EVERYTHING to me, given the life I had and the things I faced raising my son alone.

Many of my memories of Largo are fun and happy memories; but, he could get very serious and very dangerous if you messed with anyone he loved.  I was blessed to be one of those people.  So, for you to leave us now, Largo, at the age of 41 is a heavy blow to my heart.

You will be missed, your memory cherished, and FOREVER LOVED.

"C's" up!  Love you, bruh.  Rest in Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment